NASCO's Cooperative Internship Network connects talented cooperators and cooperative organizations. Since the 1980s, this program has provided organizations with qualified interns while building the skills and knowledge of new generations of leaders.
The Network is designed to provide a direct service by finding skilled students and young cooperators to help fill organizational needs. By hosting interns, organizations can gain assistance with specific projects of importance to their operations while building the future of the cooperative and community development movements.
How it works:
- Host organizations submit applications by Sunday, February 26, 2017, complete with internship job descriptions and preferences for skill and experience sets. Each organization can submit up to three internship proposals.
- NASCO reviews applications and posts approved internship descriptions online on Tuesday, February 28, 2017.
- Prospective interns apply online by Sunday, March 26, 2017, supplying their responses to a set of application questions, résumé, references, preferences (i.e. sector, specific positions, geography), and availabilities (i.e. start date and end date).
- NASCO reviews applications and forwards them to hosts on Friday, March 31, 2017.
- Over the next two weeks, the host organizations conduct phone interviews with prospective interns and notify NASCO with their hiring decisions by Friday, April 14, 2017.
- NASCO continues to communicate with and support the host organization and intern throughout the internship.
The applications for intern hosts and interns are now closed.