The Cooperative Development & Engagement Coordinator shall be responsible for educating membership about the purchase and development of a new cooperative house, gathering feedback and answering questions. They will take part in meetings with designers and architects to ensure the needs of the memberships are met in the design of the new cooperative house.
The development & engagement coordinator will also be responsible for revamping the Office Labor system, wherein members from each cooperative house volunteer to complete tasks for the SHC Office. The coordinator will research other cooperatives member volunteer systems, outline a new system for the SHC, and educate and recruit members to participate.
- Actively recruits, supervises, and retains volunteers to support the staff and executive committee of the SHC
- Maintains records of all recruitment and retention activities.
- Provides education about member volunteer systems and role of volunteers to members of the SHC.
- Prepares reports to demonstrate the value and effectiveness of the member volunteer program as requested.
- Manages volunteer services through accountable awareness of volunteer utilization, documentation and plan of care involvement.
- Attends and participates in SHC and house events, promoting new member volunteer system
- educate membership about the purchase and development of a new cooperative house, and provide updates as they occur
- Respond to member questions and concerns about the new cooperative house
- Facilitate discussions between current SHC members and incoming members about the culture of the new cooperative house; assist new members in writing a house construction and organizing house chores and other functions
- Knowledge of Google Suite programs
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills along with presentation experience
- Experience with co-op or resident-controlled housing preferred but not required
Compensation & Benefits: $15,000 annual stipend, choice of education award or payout upon completion of service.
To apply and for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org