Development Manager - Affordable Housing Development
Join a social purpose real estate team who is at the forefront of addressing the affordable housing crisis in British Columbia.
Who We Are
Community Land Trust Group of Societies (CLT) is a non-profit, social purpose real estate developer whose purpose is to create, preserve and steward permanently affordable homes in diverse and mixed-income communities. The CLT is the social purpose real estate development arm of the Co-operative Housing Federation of BC (CHF BC) and we are responsible for growing the stock of permanently affordable homes so that low and middle income residents – including those who are marginalized and at-risk – can secure and sustain their homes, enrich our communities, & continue to build the collective social wealth. Learn more about our team, our exciting work and innovative partnerships at www.cltrust.ca
Who We Are Looking For
We are currently seeking a Development Manager, reporting to the Executive Director, to join our team and play an integral role in the growth of our organization. You are passionate and energetic about making a difference in the Community Housing Sector and can bring a level of expertise in all phases of the development process to shape the future of our company and your career. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with excellent time management and organizational skills that can easily adapt to the changing needs of a development. You take pride in and will be responsible for being a project team leader and cultivating and maintaining relationships with consultants, municipal staff, and partner organizations. You are searching an opportunity and a company that fosters change.
The Development Manager will be responsible to select and lead the project team from conception through to completion. They will manage the design process, liaise with the community and expedite the development and building approval processes through all aspects of regulatory authorizations for a mix of multi-family and mixed-use developments within Metro Vancouver and Vancouver Island. Additional responsibilities include:
- Reporting and meeting minutes
- Prepare and update project proformas regularly to ensure budgets and reports are updated accurately.
- Identify issues and risks for expedited resolutions to keep projects on schedule and on budget while maintaining a level of quality
- Coordination with construction and building operations
- Legal contract review
- Preparing Requests for Proposals
- Participation in Requests for Proposals for new projects
- Due Diligence and Feasibility Analysis
- Maintain knowledge in the Community Housing Sector and planning initiatives in Metro Vancouver and Vancouver Island.
- Build relationships with staff from all three levels of government.
Education and Experience:
- A degree in Urban Planning, Urban Land Economics or a related academic discipline
- 5+ years recent, related experience in real estate development and planning
- Experience working with municipalities within Metro Vancouver is an asset
- Strong planning, organizational and facilitation skills
- Strong communication, social media skills
- Strong understanding of legal contracts and title documents
- Strong understanding of municipal governance structures, as well as where provincial and federal authorities can impact development and funding opportunities
- Solid project management skills
- Strong writing and editing skills for reports and documents
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Time management skills with a keen ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Proven ability in a deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Salary is between $70,000 and $80,000 depending on experience. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including retirement and education allowances.
Employment Type: Full-time
Travel to around the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island is required with occasional evening meetings.
Please send your resume and cover letter outlining your background and why you want a career in the Community Housing Sector to firstname.lastname@example.org.