We offer a chance to make an impact, a flexible work environment, and great benefits!
We are one of the oldest and largest student housing co-operatives in the country and we are hiring for a full-time Director of Financial Services (DFS).
The Company: The Inter-Cooperative Council at the University of Michigan is dedicated to building the co-operative movement through our co-operative housing with an emphasis on community that is more affordable than other housing for students in Ann Arbor. The ICC offers employees input into our multi-million dollar organization with progressive values, flexible work schedule, a chance to work with a small staff team, opportunities for travel to attend various regional and national conferences, and wide-range of responsibilities including student leadership development, teaching financial literacy, and promoting affordable housing
The Position: We’re looking for a Director of Financial Services who will supervise the Finance Assistant Director as well as the Member Assistants who are sent to work in the office from the co-op houses as a way to keep rates affordable. The pay range we’re offering is $45,000 to $59,000.
- We offer health insurance, including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, and a company-funded Flexible Spending Acct
- We also offer retirement savings with a generous match as well as ample paid time off.
- Accounting degree with at least 5 years of non-profit accounting and supervisory experience. Master’s degree preferred
- Advanced Quickbooks, Excel, and Google Suite skills
- Experience in property management specifically with Rent Manager software is ideal!
- Commitment to social justice and cooperative movement
- Corporate accounting including AP and A/R, payroll, GL, audit, and account reconciliation
- Member accounting with account payment, problem resolution, training and communication, and debt resolution
- House accounting including timely closings, and support student treasurers in skill-building, financial literacy, and house accountability
The Location: The ICC is based in Ann Arbor, Michigan. According to Niche.com in 2019, Ann Arbor is the second best city to live in because it offers residents an urban suburban mix feel … there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. Many young professionals live here and tend to have moderate political views.
Why Should You Apply?
- Use your finance expertise for good
- You may be eligible for student loan forgiveness
- You’ll have the opportunity to do more than “just” accounting
How Do You Apply?