- Austin, TX 78705
- Salary: $35,000.00 to $41,000.00 /year
A. Maintenance and Implementation of the Facilities & Operations Master Plan
- Primary resource for house repairs including repairing bathroom components and doing minor electrical and carpentry work.
- Available as an on-call resource when needed.
- Assist as required during inspections, repairs or walk-thru of the houses.
- Assists the Facilities Director and house officers with implementation of a comprehensive preventative maintenance program.
- Maintains log of work done at houses in order to support efficient operations and effective use of resources.
- Assists in creation of an annual work plan for the facilities staff and Maintenance Coordinators.
B. Maintenance projects
- Implements projects assigned by Executive Director and Facilities Director.
- Assists the Facilities Director in maintaining contact with contractors.
- Assists in requesting bids.
- Assists in maintaining maintenance records of projects, repairs, and costs.
C. Member education
- Coordinates with house officers to assist and teach house co-opers how to do many of the things necessary to keep the buildings running.
- Works with the house maintenance coordinator on teaching “how-to’s”.
- As repairs are being done, teach members the skills necessary to do the job at hand.
- Oversee the equipping, training, and supervising of member work crews.
- Develop and update maintenance training manuals for houses.
Knowledge,abilities, and skills
- Knowledge of College Houses practice, policy and procedures
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Skill in using computers and related software applications
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving
- Skill in planning and organizing
- Ability to understand and communicate technical information
- Ability to exercise discretion in confidential matters
- Ability to recognize and recommend process improvement
- Ability to lead and train others
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with College Houses members, staff, and the public
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, high school diploma required
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work occasional evenings and flexible hours