Come join the High Falls Food Co-op as our new General Manager!
The High Falls Food Co-op, a member-owned food co-op also open to the public, has operated continuously since 1976. We are a small but mighty Co-op that not only specializes in quality, healthy foods, but also is a cornerstone of the local community. Located in High Falls, New York, in the heart of New York’s Hudson River Valley, we are just two hours from New York City and one hour from Albany. The area is rich with small organic and no-spray farms, innovative food entrepreneurs, and a steadily increasing population of people who care deeply about where their food comes from.
Our 44-year old cooperative has 1,200 members and 22 employees with annual sales exceeding $2 million. We are looking for a leader to grow sales, direct our management team and continue our commitment to the cooperative principles. The General Manager reports to a Board of Directors that is elected by the cooperative's members.
● Experience in retail grocery management
● Experience managing financial statements and projections
● Experience overseeing a management team and staff
● Previous experience creating and developing effective procedural standards ● High School diploma, GED or equivalent certificate
What you should love to do:
● Deliver exceptional customer service
● Grow sales and control costs
● Identify, hire and train talent
● Work in merchandising and selling
● Participate actively in local community
● Work cooperatively with a well-established and passionate staff and Board of Directors
This is a full-time, salaried position. Review the full job description for more information, including complete qualifications and compensation. Please contact email@example.com for more information or questions.