New Economy Coalition (NEC) is building the power and scale of the solidarity economy movement in the United States. Our national network of 200+ members are transforming the current system -- creating in its place an economy that places power in the hands of people, uproots legacies of harm, and preserves the planet. Our members represent a diverse cross-section of the solidarity economy movement, from worker cooperative developers and technical assistance providers, to community loan funds, think tanks, and policy advocates.
NEC is seeking a full-time Individual Giving Manager to join its Development team. The ideal candidate will have a deep commitment to racial, economic, and environmental justice, will be pragmatic and creative, and will have strong writing and organizational skills.
The primary responsibilities of the Development Manager are to manage NEC’s individual donor programming, including annual appeals and monthly giving, as well as manage fundraising operations, including gift processing and donor acknowledgment, and maintaining donor records in our database.
The Development Manager reports directly to the Development Director and supervises the Development & Communications Coordinator. The job is full-time and can be performed remotely from anywhere in the U.S. NEC's work is serious and urgent but we also make space for joy, for healing, and for connection. The ideal candidate will contribute to the creation of a liberatory work culture in which folks can bring their whole selves to the work.
Individual Donor Program [70%]
- Responsible for cultivation and stewardship of current and prospective individual donors.
- Manage year-end annual appeal and spring monthly donor campaign. Lead a team of 2-3 staff to craft compelling appeal language and develop segmented mailing lists.
- Track and report results of appeals and special campaigns, adjusting strategies as needed with support from the Development Director.
- Work in collaboration with Communications team to design and produce fundraising-related marketing material, including but not limited to: appeal letters, brochures, and annual reports.
- Work with the Communications team to ensure that inspiring stories from our membership reach current and prospective donors.
Development Team Operations [20%]
- Supervise Development & Communications Coordinator, providing consistent feedback and support through weekly check-ins.
- Coordinate acknowledgement of gifts and pledges with support from the Development & Communications Coordinator.
- Attend weekly Development Team meetings with the Development Director, Events Manager, and Development & Communications Coordinator.
- Collect, maintain, and update donor and prospect information in Powerbase database.
Additional Responsibilities [10%]
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Participating in staff-wide trainings, staff study group, and strategic planning processes
- Attend and support biennial CommonBound conference
- Attend and support annual NEC Member Gathering
- All other reasonable tasks as requested by the Development Director
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 2-3 years experience with grassroots fundraising and individual donor programs.
- Experience with annual giving programs, including direct mail and online campaigns.
- Understanding of and commitment to solidarity economy values, such as racial, economic, and climate justice; cooperative ownership; democratic governance; and systems change.
- Strong writing and editing experience.
- Experience with Powerbase, Salesforce, or similar CRM/database
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong time management skills, self-motivated with accuracy and attention to detail
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, mostly remote environment
- Willing to learn from mistakes, receive feedback, and give feedback to others.
- Commitment to building a culture of mutual accountability, liberation, and respect.
Details at a glance
- Remote Possible
- Full Time Schedule
Full benefits include healthcare, dental, retirement fund, and 20 vacation days.
How To Apply
To apply email Kelly Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching a resume and a cover letter in word or pdf form. Please use the following format for naming your attachments: "Full…