Co-op / Organization:
Federation of Egalitarian Communities - Twin Oaks Community
Type of Organization:
Brief Description of Organization:
The Federation of Egalitarian Communities (FEC) is a mutual aid association amongst income-sharing intentional communities.
This internship is for the conferences hosted by Twin Oaks Community, a member of the FEC. This year we will be hosting our usual Communities Conference and Women's Gathering, as well as a Queer Gathering.
Number of Members:
Twin Oaks Community Conference Intern
This position requires full participation in the Twin Oaks Community, with 43.4 hours of labor a week.
There are a wide variety of duties that can be involved. The position can be tailored to some degree to fit the skills and interests of the intern. In general, duties may include:
- Promotion, through email, social media and other web presence, and over the phone
- Logistics - managing accommodations, transportation, food service, etc.
- Website management - maintain and develop our various events websites
- Site - managing facilities, including organizing and setting up of materials, basic maintenance, and other activities related to the physical site
- General organizing and coordination - lots of people are involved in making our events happen, and a lot of asking people to do things and coordinating activities is involved
Training will be provided as needed. Again, interns will focus on areas where they have skills and interests. Interns are also certainly welcome to use this an opportunity to expand or develop new skills.
Skills Development & Learning:
- Organizing and coordination
- Logistics management
- Website management
- Physical site management
Other details of working conditions:
You will live and work at Twin Oaks Community.
Total Hours of Work Per Week:
43.4 (this is the total amount required by Twin Oaks; the amount done on events will vary over time)