Co-op / Organization:
Madison Community Cooperative
Brief Description of Organization:
Madison Community Cooperative is a federation of 11 housing cooperatives in Madison, Wisconsin. Our mission is to improve the Madison community by providing low-cost, not-for-profit cooperative housing for very low to moderate-income people and to be inclusive of underrepresented and marginalized groups of the community.
Internship Position Title:
Internship Position Duties:
- Assess current status of archives project and determine next steps for digitization, secure file storage, and usability.
- Research and implement infrastructure for archives to be easily accessible for co-op members and others.
- Create finding aid for MCC’s physical archive collection.
- Scan materials as necessary and organize digital files.
- Survey and work with interested members toward preservation of archival materials held in MCC houses.
- (If time and resources allow) Research holdings in Wisconsin Historical Society and/or UW-Madison Archives related to MCC.
- (If time and resources allow) Participate in initial planning process for an oral history project on Madison cooperatives.
Note: We expect interns to work 25-35 hours per week, on a flexible schedule to be determined between intern and supervisor. Interns will receive room and board stipend for an MCC house for first 10 hours/week, and $13.01/hour after that.
Informational meetings with people who have begun work on this project and online resources.
Skills Development & Learning:
Project management, communications, application of archival practices, expanded knowledge of cooperative history.
Other details of working conditions:
In our shared office space with several computers, some coordination with other staff will be necessary.
Interns will receive room and board stipend for an MCC house for first 10 hours/week, and $13.01/hour after that, payable bi-weekly.
Total Hours of Work Per Week: