Co-op / Organization:
Madison Community Cooperative
Type of Organization:
Brief Description of Organization:
MCC owns eleven houses and has about 200 members. MCC strives to improve the Madison community by providing low-cost, not-for-profit cooperative housing for very low- to moderate-income* people and to be inclusive of underrepresented and marginalized groups.
MCC is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. No substantial portion of either its funds or activities may be directed at any time to other purposes.
Number of Members:
Number of Staff:
Policy Audit Intern
Organizing and updating the MCC policy manual. This includes both paper and electronic versions.
One or more of the following depending on interest:
- Auditing each of our house's policy manuals and making sure that each house has one and is compliant with MCC policy and Fair Housing Laws.
- Going through MCC's archives and organizing them for digitization.
- Helping improve our electronic newsletter, the eSparkle, and adding some internal social media.
- Minor maintenance tasks as assigned by the maintenance coordinator. Tasks assigned based on existing skills and desire for new skills.
- Assist houses with creating yearly budgets.
- Assist with organizing and running educational workshops related to various aspects of cooperative living. For example how to recruit and orient new members, how to solve problems and communicate compassionately, or how to raise backyard chickens.
- Other duties as assigned.
Intern will be given an orientation to office and staff, instruction on updating the MCC website, and other training depending on which projects are assigned.
Skills Development & Learning:
Intern has the opportunity to learn and develop skills relating to cooperative administration, record keeping, house maintenance, website maintenance, communication, finances and budgeting, developing social media, etc.
Other details of working conditions:
shared office with desks and computers. Maintenance tools and supplies.
Room & Board
Total Hours of Work Per Week: