These values are self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity, and solidarity. We believe in honesty, openness, social responsibility and caring for others.
MUST BE A CITIZEN OF THE US OR CANADA TO APPLY.
Applicants must possess legal eligibility to work in Canda. NASCO and our host organizations do not have the means or expertise to assist applicants with visa applications.
Assisting the Cooperative Development Manager, this position will take on new and continuing projects under the Community Engagement scope. Some examples of tasks to be completed include:
- Plan & Promote the Coop's Orientation Week, "Fresh Week"
- Assist in Re-Developing the Volunteer structure at WCRI
- Plan & Implement Community Engagement Events for WCRI members
- Track Event Success using various data entry tools
- Educate members on voting rights and policy governance from time to time
- WHMIS & Applicable Safety Training (for office environment)
- AODA (Accessibility Training in Ontario)
- Initial training by Coop Development and Business Development Managers
- Weekly Check-ins with Coop Development Manager
- Progress Report / Mid-Term Evaluation, with emphasis on growth in the second half of the internship
- Opportunity to learn from other Managers & Staff as applicable
-Program Re-Structuring (re-developing pre-existing volunteer arrangements)
-Monitoring / Data Entry / Statistical Analysis
-Public Speaking (at events/when educating members)