Co-op / Organization:
Waterloo Cooperative Residence Inc. (WCRI)
Brief Description of Organization:
WCRI is one of the largest student housing co-operatives in North America, and continues to be a co-operative inspiration to students everywhere.
What started with a small group, has grown into housing for over 700 resident members. The success of WCRI proves that co-operatives are able to adapt to the changing economic, political, and social currents of society.
Membership and Alumni Relations Intern
MUST BE A CITIZEN OF THE US OR CANADA TO APPLY.
Applicants must possess legal eligibility to work in Canda. NASCO and our host organizations do not have the means or expertise to assist applicants with visa applications.
- Assist in creating and developing the member alumni program
- Plan and execute events in the Greater Toronto Area
- Organize and evaluate inventory of WCRI's physical archives to recommend as priorities for digitization and/or of special interest to the historical record
- Scan materials; record alumni contact information where present; upload and organize files
- Research methods to store files securely and make them easily accessible for co-op members
- Participate in off-site fairs
- Host WCRI information sessions and open houses
- Assist with new member recruitment activities
- Ongoing communication with the Business Development Manager who will share WCRI's history and current operations
- Introduction to the co-op, different styles of accommodations and roles and responsibilities of members
Skills Development & Learning:
- Database creation/management
- Member education/services
- Event planning
Other details of working conditions:
Hours are flexible and will be determined with the successful candidate. Own computer would be helpful.
$1250 CAD lump sum stipend
is Room Included for members?:
Total Hours of Work Per Week: