The NASCO Board is opening applications to fill three open board seats.
Appointments are for one year terms from April 2020 to March 2021.
The board will prioritize voting on candidates who meet the skills gaps identified by our External Affairs Committee, including:
- Current members of Active Member cooperatives
- Current staff of Active Member cooperatives
- Financial experience
- Canadian cooperative members/staff
- Governance skills
- Fundraising experience
- Secretarial skills
- People from marginalized backgrounds, including but not limited to, POC, Black people, folks with disabilities, working class folks, LGBTQIA+ folks, non citizens or undocumented folks, single parents, and women
- Firm commitment to antiracism and anti-oppression
Why run for the board?
- Play a key role in a bi-national organization that develops new cooperatives, manages common equity houses, and reaches thousands of cooperators in the U.S. and Canada with cooperative education
- Network with cooperators across North America
- Share your skills with a mission-driven organization
Nominations for appointed seats closes on February 28, 2020.
Appointments will be made on March 7, 2020.
Not quite sure?
Read the full position description and check out our Board of Directors FAQ here. Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd be happy to put you in touch with a current Board Director.