Our mission is to improve the Madison community by providing low-cost, not-for-profit cooperative housing for very low to moderate-income people and to be inclusive of underrepresented and marginalized groups of the community.
Are you interested in celebrating and expanding cooperative networks? Would you enjoy connecting with elders in the co-op and “solidarity economy” movements? Do you want to explore Madison, Wisconsin with one of the largest community housing co-op organizations in the universe as your home base?
In this position, you will:
- Create a database of MCC alumni contact information in cooperation with Archives Intern.
- Design and execute initial outreach campaign via social media, mailings, etc.
- Follow up with alumni responses to cultivate relationships and gather feedback.
- Participate in initial planning process for MCC’s 50-year celebration in 2018.
- Participate in initial planning process for an oral history project on Madison cooperatives.
- Ongoing communication with MCC officers and staff, who will share about MCC’s history and current operations.
- Introduction to the Madison InfoShop, a collectively organized library/archives hosted in our office space.
- Meetings with alumni who have expressed interest in helping organize a reunion event.
- Database creation/management
- “Marketing” for meaningful ends
- Primary-source research
- Stories from co-op elders