NASCO Institute will take place online this year throughout the month of October!
Registration is open online starting September 1st through the end of October, but we strongly encourage folks to register by October 1 so that they have the option to participate in the full conference live. Everyone who registers for the conference will have access to the full conference materials and any recorded sessions.
NASCO Active Member Cooperatives will have the option to send a limited number of representatives to the in-person Active Member Retreat taking place in Ann Arbor on the weekend of November 4-6.
For information about registering as a group, please visit the group registration page.
(If you do not know if your co-op is an Active and/or Associate Member, please reference our member list. If you are not a current member of an Active Member co-op, you can register for Institute as a non-member, or you can join NASCO as an Individual Member.)
- Member or staff of NASCO Active Member Co-op — Virtual Institute Only: $150 USD / $196 CAD
- Member or staff of NASCO Active Member Co-op — Virtual Institute + In-Person Member Retreat*: $200 / $262 CAD
- AGM Rep from Active Member Co-op — Virtual Institute + In-Person Member Retreat**: $150 USD / $196 CAD
- NASCO Associate Member — Virtual Institute Only: $260 / $340 CAD
- NASCO Individual Member — Virtual Institute Only: $260 / $340 CAD
- Non-Member — Virtual Institute Only: $380 / $497 CAD
*Attendance at the in-person Member Retreat is capped for each Active Member co-op based on size (please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request an exception to the cap). Including their designated AGM rep, each Active Member co-op may send up to this many people to the in-person Member Retreat:
- Small and medium co-ops (<100 members): up to two people
- Large co-ops (100–199 members): up to three people
- Very large co-ops (>200 members): up to four people
**Each NASCO Active Member, Associate Member, and Individual Member may designate one representative to NASCO's Annual General Meeting (AGM). The AGM will take place during the in-person Member Retreat as a hybrid meeting (Active Member representatives may participate in person, and any representative may participate virtually at no cost). NASCO provides discounted Institute registration and free housing for the in-person Member Retreat to AGM representatives from Active Member co-ops.
We prefer that payment is made online at the time of registration, or if you select "Pay Later by Invoice," we will send you an invoice to pay online by ACH bank transfer. If making an online payment is not an option for your co-op, please let us know and we will share a mailing address for paying by check. Please note that we are in the process of changing our mailing address—checks mailed to our current mailing address will go through a mail forward and may take longer than usual to get to us.
Cancellations made before September 30th are eligible for a full refund. Cancellations made after September 30th are eligible for a refund minus a $50 USD / $50 CAD cancelation fee.
The in-person Member Retreat will be held in Ann Arbor, Michigan from November 4th through 6th, 2022.
All retreat sessions are held in the University of Michigan Union, which is located at 530 South State Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109. Additional, informal events may be hosted in various co-ops in the ICC Ann Arbor system.
NASCO will provide housing for AGM representatives registered by September 30th (this may be on couches or floors at local co-ops or at an on campus hotel). We may have a limited number of free housing slots available at local co-ops for other attendees. If you are interested in this option, you must indicate your interest during registration. If available, these spaces will be very limited, so please register early.
If you prefer to organize your own accommodations, we recommend booking with airbnb.com, homeaway.com, or a hotel booking site like hotels.com. We have also held some rooms at the Executive Learning and Conference Center on campus inside the Ross School of Business (further details below). To participate in our hotel block, please reach out to email@example.com.
Executive Learning and Conference Center
710 E. University Ave.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109734-764-ROSS (7677)
Room with one double bed: $172 per night
Daily parking fee: $29
In an effort to keep everyone safe as we convene in-person this November, we ask that all attendees of the in-person retreat observe the following requirements and recommendations.
- Proof of up-to-date Covid-19 vaccination is required to attend the in-person Member Retreat. Please either upload your proof of vaccination during the registration process (prefered) or present a copy or photo when you check-in at the retreat. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to medical reasons, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering.
- Use of a face mask or covering will be required at all times when indoors during the retreat and we kindly ask that you wear a face covering while traveling on planes, buses, or anywhere with people outside of your household in the lead up to the retreat.
- If you are experiencing symptoms - such as a cough, shortness of breath, fever or chills, aching, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, etc.. even if you have a negative covid test, please stay home! We will refund registrations for anyone who cannot attend due to illness or a positive Covid test.
- Please plan to complete a rapid Covid test prior to traveling to Ann Arbor and pack a few tests for use as needed during the retreat.
If staying in free housing at a local co-op, additional requirements may be provided by the co-op. Registering for the retreat and requesting free housing indicate your agreement to follow all Covid safety guidelines.
If needed, we will have a limited supply of rapid tests, face masks, and hand sanitizer available at the retreat.
Accessibility and Childcare Needs
If concerns about accessibility needs or lack of childcare are barriers to your attendance at Institute or the in-person Member Retreat, please reach out to NASCO staff at email@example.com. Include details of your needs and what accomodations you are requesting. Please note that we cannot guarantee we will be able to meet requests submitted after the registration deadline on September 30th for the online conference sessions or after October 14th for the in-person member retreat.
Getting to Ann Arbor
From East or West, take I-94 to the State Street exit (#177). Go North on State Street for about 3 1/2 miles. The Michigan Union will be on your left, just past the intersection of State and South University streets.
From the South, take Route 23 to the I-94 Exit. Go west on I-94 (toward Chicago). Get off at the State Street exit and continue as above for East/West.
From North, take Route 23 to the “Downtown Ann Arbor” exit. Go South on Main Street to William St. (not Huron) and turn left. Go East on William until it dead-ends at State Street. Turn right. The Union will be on the right, just before the stop sign at the State Street and South University intersection.
There is visitor parking available on Thompson Street directly behind the Union in a University parking structure and adjacent metered lots. Metered parking is available on all streets surrounding the Union.
Ann Arbor is serviced by Greyhound. If your bus does not stop at the Union, you will be dropped at the Greyhound terminal on Huron Street. As you come out the front door, turn left on Huron and walk three or four blocks to State Street. Turn right on State Street and walk for four blocks to the Michigan Union at the intersections of State and South University. A cab will cost about six dollars.
For rail information, contact AMTRAK or ViaRail. Ann Arbor’s train station is located a mile from campus, so Institute registrants may want to arrange for a pick-up at the station or should use a cab.
Ann Arbor is serviced by the Detroit Metropolitan Airport in Romulus, Michigan (a 25-minute drive from Ann Arbor).
There are taxi's available at the airport as well as a number of shuttles that provide service to Ann Arbor: