Co-cycle is gearing up for another tour of co-ops! This summer, future cooperative leaders will be travelling from Bellingham, WA to San Diego, CA to celebrate the cooperative movement. Through events, workshops, and co-op visits the participants will gain a hands-on understanding of the cooperative model while working to strengthen the cooperative network along the west coast. We will be hosting a variety of events in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and other cities and towns along the way. Stay up to date to see if Co-cycle will be stopping through your home town this summer!
Nominations for NASCO's board are now closed. Stay tuned, because we are just mere hours away from publishing this years ballot! Remember all ballots are due April 28th 11:59PM CDT.
- Acorn Community, Mineral, Virginia
- New Economy Coalition, Boston, Massachusetts
- National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International, Washington D.C.
- Madison Community Cooperatives, Madison, Wisconsin
- Green Worker Cooperatives, Bronx, New York
- Philly Co-op Intern (Mariposa Food Co-op, LCA Land Trust, Philadelphia Area Cooperative Alliance,) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Urban Homesteading Assistance Board, New York, New York
- Detroit Black Community Food Security Network, Detroit, Michigan
At every NASCO Institute, an Active Member Representative is elected for a 1-year term on the NASCO board. This position is elected by the Annual General Meeting Representatives. Our outgoing Active Member Representative is Vanessa Toro. Vanessa has a few words to share before leaving the board. Read Vanessa's Letter below.
Your membership in NASCO provides your co-op with educational resources. With each newsletter, we will highlight new online resources available to you, and share updates on our work. We have a great selection of articles and materials on Anti-oppression education. Check out our Shared Resource Library for more resources. For example, one article that we have for your reading pleasure is Cooperatives in the African American Experience by Doctor Jessica Gordon Nembhard (John Jay College, City University of New York; and Grassroots Economic Organizing Collective). Please read and share!