Below, are the recordings for NASCO Institue 2020 sessions by room. Please share lessons learned with your cooperatives and communities.
If you did not register for NASCO Institute and you'd like to support free and low-cost cooperative education, please consider contributing a donation amount that feels appropriate for you and/or your cooperative. Your donation makes it possible to offer cooperative education materials and resources free of charge. DONATE HERE.
- Part 1: The Developing Process & Strategies for New Co-op Organizers
- Part 2: Incorporation & Bylaws
- Part 3: Budget & Feasibility
- Part 4: Getting Tax Exemption in the U.S.
- Part 5: Finding a Property
- Part 6:Closing the Deal
- Chores: Systems & Culture
- Ecovillages: Cooperative Solutions to Climate Change
- From Co-op Chores to Paid Jobs: How to Transfer Your Co-op Skills to Paid Employment
- Kitchen Management: Sanitation and Meal Prep in a Pandemic
- Meeting Facilitation Beyond the Basics
- Cooperatives Toward Revolution: How Co-ops Play a Role in Systemic Change and Mass Movement Organizing
- Housing Justice in the Age of Coronavirus
- Power in Purpose: Policy Strategies to Build a More Inclusive Economy
- Purpose Driven Governance Pt 1: Board Roles & Responsibilities
- Purpose Driven Governance Pt 2: System Approach
- Economic Democracy: An Introduction
- Fair Housing Act and Your Co-op
- Improving Non-Oppressive Egalitarian Decision-Making with Sociocracy
- Talking Co-op: Becoming Fluent in Co-ops
- Co-op Housing As Carbon Reduction
- Conflict & Cooperation: Drawing Inspiration from Nature's Mutualists
- Cooperative Leadership Development
- Making up the Deficit with an In-House Worker Co-op
- Stewardship of the Commons: Protecting our Shared Assets
- Mapping our Roles in a Social Change Ecosystem
- Navigating Uncertainty and Pivoting with Tension-Driven Meetings
- Professional Development: DiSCover Your Behavioral Style
Watch the full Keynote panel conversation "Choose Your Own Future" here.